admin März 25, 2020
Extension and Conversion of a former warehouse. The conversion of the listed former Rheinstahl warehouse by architect Emil Fahrenkamp in 1923 into a multifunctional event hall requires new structures: foyer, storage rooms, technology, sanitary facilities. In order to not interrupt the spatial effect of the timber-framed hall, these facilities are to be accommodated in a new front and rear extension. A glass joint reinforces this concept that creates an architectural connection between the two opposing structures. This element allows a visual reference to the historical façade of the warehouse and provides a strong interior effect through a recurring interplay of light and shadow. The rhythm of the shed roof construction determines the new design structure, which rests on steel columns.
Comments are closed.